Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Discovering Where I Should Have Been All Along














Hello world. It's me. Melanie. And I am a serial blogger.

I started blogging about two years ago while (gasp) at work as a way to vent. I didn't want that blog associated with me, so I hid it away. From everyone. Even myself. Upon returning to work from my maternity leave- all blissfully aglow from having a baby, I forgot the name of the blog and the e-mail address that I was using to write it. 'Tis Life.

My second blog was about my son. It was supposed to be an intimate account of our family. I posted 4 times. How intimate.

The third blog I started to write was going to be all about my life being unemployed. I REALLY thought I struck gold with this one! You see, the unemployment office makes you go to these classes where they teach you how to be... unemployed! You learn a bunch of new skills like how to make business cards on vista print... how to look for a job on the computer... how to not get let go again- because let's face it- they really think it's your fault. I left these classes feeling inspired to start a NEW blog about being... unemployed! Inspired Unemployment was the name. It actually got one post. But I was too busy being unemployed to write a blog because worrying about being unemployed pretty much wiped the inspiration out of me; AND who wants to thrift shop with no money???

So, where did I go? To Facebook. Why? Because Facebook is where I could keep all my peeps informed about my crazy ass life. So. There I was on facebook. Posting my comments on important issues like:
  • The state of Eddie Long's toupee...
  • Waiting for the appropriate hour to tuck a roll during the failed predicted Rapture...
  • Lacefront wig glue and why it shouldn't be balled up on your forehead like that...
And someone suggested I SHOULD have a blog. Because all you non-friends were missing out on my foolishness.

I struggled for weeks about what I should name this blog. I mean weeks! I felt like I was Bubba Gump going over a shrimp list... it was serious people.

When finally I figured I should name it what my facebook page is: The World According to Melanie Gayles.

What will you find here? A whole bunch of to-do about nothing!!! And maybe a laugh. But mostly, it will be an experiment into the complexity of a person. And a whole lot of to-do... about nothing.

So enjoy my crazy little world. Act One: True Story. Starring Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment